In addition to financial support, we accept donations of food at 263 West 86th from 7 a.m. – 1 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please note that cash donations allow us to buy wholesale and our dollars can go as much as 3x further than yours when purchasing for WSCAH.
A food drive is a great opportunity for a class or family to learn more about food insecurity and the importance of expanding access to healthy food. This November, for our Healthy Foods Holiday Challenge, we are also interested in donations of special holiday foods such as low-sodium canned vegetable staples (pumpkin, beets, green beans, cranberries) and gravy.
Food that WSCAH Accepts for Donation:
- Canned fruit, packed in juice or water (no heavy syrups)
- Applesauce, no sugar added
- Dried fruit, no sugar added
- Canned vegetables, low sodium
- Spaghetti sauce, low sodium
- Dried beans
- Canned beans, low sodium
- Canned chicken, low sodium in water
- Canned fish, packed in water (Tuna, Salmon, Mackerel, Sardines)
- Peanut Butter or bagged nuts or seeds
- Rice, brown or white
- Pasta, whole grain, or white
- Hot cereal (Oatmeal, Cream of wheat, Grits)
- Cold cereal (Bran flakes, Cheerios, other low-sugar, high-fiber options)
- Bread, 100% whole wheat
- Milk, boxed or shelf-stable, low-fat
DO: Give generously. Give foods you would serve to your family.
DON’T: Give anything expired, open, or damaged. Please do not donate foods that you wouldn’t eat.