Effective: August 1, 2023
West Side Center for Community Life, Inc d/b/a West Side Campaign Against Hunger, and each of its affiliates (collectively, “WSCAH” “we,” “us,” “our”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal data we hold about you. If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this Privacy Notice or our processing of personal data, please see the bottom of this Privacy Notice for information about how to contact us.
This Privacy Notice explains our practices with respect to personal data we collect and process about you. This includes information we collect through, or in association with, our website with a home page located at www.wscah.org (the “Website”), together with all services that we may offer from time to time via our website, our related social media sites, or otherwise through your interactions with us (the website, products, and services, collectively, the “Services”).
Please review the following to understand how we process and safeguard personal data about you. By using any of our Services, whether by visiting our website or otherwise, and/or by voluntarily providing personal data to us, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the practices contained in this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may be revised from time to time, so please ensure that you check this Privacy Notice periodically to remain fully informed.
Personal Data We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“personal data”).
In addition, we may collect data that is not identifiable to you or otherwise associated with you, such as aggregated data, and is not personal data. To the extent this data is stored or associated with personal data, it will be treated as personal data; otherwise, the data is not subject to this notice.
How We Obtain Your Personal Data
We collect your personal data from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. We collect your personal data (including but not limited to your first and last name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and any other information you may optionally provide) from you when you voluntarily provide it to us to make a donation or contact us.
- Performance/Analytics: We use these cookies to analyze how the Site is accessed, used, or performed. We use this information to maintain, operate, and continually improve the Site. We may also obtain information from our e-mail newsletters, to learn whether you opened or forwarded the newsletter or clicked on any of the content. This information tells us about our newsletters’ effectiveness and helps us ensure that we’re delivering information that you find interesting.
- Advertising: Interest-based advertising is the collection of data across different websites and/or different devices for the purpose of tailoring advertising based on preferences or interests known or inferred from the data collected. We allow third parties, such as Google, who assist us in serving advertising regarding the Site when you leave the Site, to collect or receive information from our website and elsewhere on the internet and use that information to provide measurement services and target ads.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Operational Uses. We make use of your personal and non-personal data for our general business operations, including communicating with you, providing the Services, providing information about our Services, improving the Services, and complying with applicable legal requirements.
- Third-Party Uses. We may disclose personal data to our service providers to allow them to provide services to you, to assist in carrying out your requests, and in connection with our marketing efforts.
- Legal Uses. We may disclose the information we maintain, including personal data, (1) when permitted or required to do so by law; (2) in response to a request from a law enforcement agency or authority or any regulatory authority; and/or (3) to protect the integrity of the Services or our interests, rights, property, or safety, and/or that of our users and others.
- Marketing Uses. Marketing our services to you, including sending you messages about the services we offer. We also may contact you about other WSCAH activities or news, or about opportunities to support WSCAH.
We will not use the personal data we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you with notice and obtaining your consent.
Who We Share Your Personal Data With
We share personal data with the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliated entities.
- Our partners or prospective partners
- Government agencies or regulations when permitted or required to do so by law; in response to a request from a law enforcement agency or authority or any regulatory authority; and/or to protect the integrity of the Services or our interests, rights, property, or safety, and/or that of our users and others.
You have choices about certain information we collect about you, how we communicate with you, and how we process certain personal data. When you are asked to provide information, you may decline to do so; if you choose not to provide information that is necessary to provide some of our Services, you may not be able to use those Services. In addition, it is possible to change your browser settings to block the automatic collection of certain information.
- Other Important Information About Personal Data and the Services.
- Collection of Personal Data from Children. Children under 16 years of age are not permitted to use the Services, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16. By using the Services, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older, or are 16 years of age or older and have valid parental consent to do so.
- Third-Party Websites and Services. As a convenience, we may reference or provide links to third-party websites and services, including those of unaffiliated third parties, our affiliates, service providers, and third parties with which we do business. When you access these third-party services, you leave our Services, and we are not responsible for, and do not control, the content, security, or privacy practices employed by any third-party websites and services. You access these third-party services at your own risk. This Privacy Notice does not apply to any third-party services; please refer to the Privacy Notices or policies for such third-party services for information about how they collect, use, and process personal data.
- Business Transfer. We may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of our business, operations or assets to a third party, whether by merger, acquisition or otherwise. Personal data we obtain from or about you via the Services may be disclosed to any potential or actual third-party acquirers and may be among those assets transferred.
- Do Not Track. Currently, certain browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. We do not currently commit to responding to browsers’ Do Not Track signals. We cannot make this commitment because no common industry standard for Do Not Track has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies, or regulators. To find out more about “Do Not Track.” Please visit www.allaboutdnt.com
Modifications and Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice replaces all previous disclosures we may have provided to you about our information practices with respect to the Services. We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, and/or update this Privacy Notice, and any such modifications, alterations, or updates will be effective upon our posting of the revised Privacy Notice. Your continued use of the Services following our posting and/or your acknowledgment of any revised Privacy Notice will constitute your acknowledgment of the amended Privacy Notice.
Applicability of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice governs your use of the Services. This Privacy Notice applies regardless of the means used to access or provide information through the Services.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to information from or about you processed by third parties for their own needs acting as data controllers (including via their services, applications, websites or advertisements) as part of or associated with the Services. The collection or receipt of your information by such third parties is subject to their own privacy policies, statements, and practices and under no circumstances are we responsible or liable for any third party’s compliance therewith.
Additional Information and Assistance
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice and/or how we process personal data, please contact us at [email protected] or call 212-362-3662.